Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring cleaning

I'm not even going to make excuses this time. I am an inconsistent blogger. I should actually change the title of my blog.

I. am. so. close. to being done with classes. I look both ways when I cross the street. Twice. In the crosswalk. Only when the little green person is on. I eat my steaks well-done. I use lots of hand sanitizer.

June 11th - USMLE Step 1, the boards, The Big Test.

July 6th - First day of surgery rotation.

I've reached a new equilibrium. I am accepting the ups and downs. I lost my phone and someone stole the registration tags off of my car. I discovered that you can get ultra-fine point Sharpies in 24 different colors.

Last week I cried in the parking garage. I could feel the weight of the building, the physical plant of the medical school that had taken a part of me over the last three years. The next day I was euphorically munching on a new recipe for rosemary french fries around a table with friends. (Wait a minute guys, was that really rosemary?)

My back hurts. John is loaning me his Aeron chair. It is yummy.

Lately I find myself surrounded by people having babies and raising kids. They are doing pretty much the most amazing job on earth. Period.

I am not going to kill this basil plant on my desk.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Kirsten Anderson likes this.

Can you tell I'm on FB too much?

La Migraineuse said...

Emily is happy that Kirsten reads her blog.

But you know I use FB inconsistently too!